As sexual harassment in the workplace continues to be a focus for businesses, workers and enforcement agencies, evolving requirements and workplace demands have caused employers to focus on prevention strategies.
What is the chief takeaway for employers with respect to sexual harassment prevention? It can be summed up in two words: Do more.
More specifically, employers need to do more to:
- Emphasize that sexual harassment prevention is a strategic focus for a business and not merely a compliance requirement;
- Train as many employees as possible on sexual harassment prevention;
- Enforce policies and procedures already in place;
- Include training modules that go beyond those required; and
- Emphasize a workplace culture that values respect, safety and engagement.