POLLUTEC represents a pioneer environmental event as it was the first to focus on the environment as a professional specific expertise while the majority of stakeholders at the time (late 70s) regarded environment as a general transversal concern.
In the late 70s, the notion of environment was related to the responsibility of some professionals to deal with the environmental consequences of human and economic activities (which meant mostly pollution and nuisances).
Today, Pollutec’s major fields are:
- Water (and Sanitation and Sewage Treatment) > SDG 6
- Waste Management and Recycling > SDGs 11 and 12
- Instrumentation, Metrology, Automation > SDGs 9, 11, 12
- (industrial & environmental) Risks Management > SDGs 6, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
- Air Quality > SDGs 9, 11, 12
- Sites and Soils Management (and Recovery) > SDGs 6, 9, 11, 12, 15
- Energy (and sub-sectors such as biogas, renewables and energy efficiency) > SDGs 7, 9, 11, 12
Crossing this sector specific expertise, additional sectors have been developed applying a transversal and more global view with application to multi-sector markets, largely impacted today by the potential of digital technologies (smart grids and systems):
- Sustainable City > SDG 3, 11
- Sustainable Industry > SDGs 8, 9, 11, 12
- Sustainable Procurement > SDGs 8, 9, 12, 13 14, 15
Pollutec refers (mostly, but not only) to infrastructure and equipment management for cities and industries.
Pollutec also considers closely environment emerging markets such as:
- Ecological Engineering and Biodiversity
- Seas and Coastlines ecosystems preservation (marine waste, debris and pollution management and prevention from the land)
- Ecological and innovative agriculture (as it concerns water, soils, waste energy repurposing …)
POLLUTEC supports and promotes the SDGs in many ways
POLLUTEC stakeholders (exhibitors and visitors) contribute to accomplish SDGs:
Recently: Emerging markets that rely on established environmental expertise coupled with specific new skills and techniques.
Indirectly: Environment markets are strategic fields for economies either for developed and developing nations
- POLLUTEC infographic: